We have finally decided on the wedding venue! Brought mum along for the viewing and we were all in awe at the grand sight! A huge marquee tent decorated with soft draping fabric, glimmering lights and chandeliers housed on a terrace amongst lush greenery. Outdoor dream wedding - check, within budget - check!
The best part? This is where he proposed! How much better can it get?

Seeing my mother so happy to be involved in the preparation progress meant a lot to the both of us. This Tuesday the parents are going to sit down and discuss about the wedding preferences and my dowry (wahahaha I think I'm worth loads of moolah!)
Next on the to do list will include preparing for every little detail to make our wedding fit the theme that we both fancy. One of them would be for a black and white wedding from flowers to gowns to table settings and wedding cake.


And of course, I have to start hunting for my dream gown and losing weight to fit into it!


And, I will also have to start training my maltese to be the ring bearer and dress the family dogs up for the walk-in!


Although planning for our dream wedding when our purse strings are so tight and a million other responsibilities on our minds can get very stressful at times, I am very glad that both of us have been very patient with each other and that we are willing to compromise and agree on many things. In fact, the very fact that we can agree so readily on so many themes and the venue proves how compatible we are!
On a side note, I was just talking to a friend about my wedding preparations when she shared her views on getting married too. We are both the same age, very young and yet our notion of marriage is not even comparable. Perhaps I am really wise beyond my years? I told her that to plan for a wedding means that she has to see beyond that 1 wedding day. When the perfect dress has been bought and adorned, when the guests have left and the festivities captured in photographs, will she be able to face an empty home and laundry to be washed, dogs to be fed, in-laws to pamper, financial worries and the big credit card bill we have accumulated?
I have many lady friends who were looking forward to the dream wedding, dream home, dream honeymoon destination. But many a times when that checklist is cleared, they grow deflated and emotional when the problems start creeping in.
I might fall victim to this too but I know I'll always have my hubby to slap me awake! (not literally of course)
I am so pumped for the wedding. 9 months to go~
No comments:
Post a Comment