Wednesday, November 24, 2010

DIY bride

While doing my pedicure for Sharon's wedding yesterday, I was glued to my iphone searching for DIY bride blogs and Martha Stewart weddings.

I have so many ideas...but...but...

*sigh*

I just realised I need to make a pen holder for the solemnization ceremony. And a ring holder. And I also want to make my own ang pow box. And I have loads of ideas for the reception.

We wanted to do a 'art teacher/gore' theme. I wanted to customise stationary as door gifts, maybe a paintbrush or pencil. We discussed about having miny easels and miny canvases instead of guestbooks.

Many people are doing that polaroid-hold up whiteboard/black board thing. I like the personal touch but....I am thinking we'll still do polaroids but with if we got our guests to do a drawing/ small painting instead? So cool!

And then the gore factor will come in for the wedding invites.

omagoshness I have so many ideas.

Sad thing is...most of the guests are relatives *bleahx* and since the hotel offers wedding favors/invites in the package... maybe I should just handmake special gifts/invites for all my friends/colleagues and give the free stuf to my relatives. I don't think my grandaunty's son's daughter's husband will care if she got salt and pepper shakers or a handmade customised pencil from me.

OOOO time to jot all these down and buy stuff using my bonus.
HEHEHEHEHEHE.

I'm getting excited. WOOHOO!

No comments: