As I watched them float, there is a new pair of eyes stalking them in our humble abode.
There's a feline now, prowling our beds.
Together we peer into the light, his pupils dilating as he tries to hunt his fur, trapped on the grills.
In the corner of my eye, I spot my jewelry box.
Ah, it seems I have forgotten, we spent a night celebrating a decade of marriage.
This little blog, I have forsaken... and thus I am here once more, reminiscing.
Our wedding bands are long gone. One was misplaced, another unable to fit him. I still don mine, from time to time, but recently a new sparkly gold ring decorates my finger. But those gems, gifted to us on our wedding day a decade ago, still shine - ever so brightly, in our harsh summer sun.
Life is not monotonous, as many will preach. Time did not erode us of spontaneity and children did not mask our affection. We still fit like a glove. We still are I believe, great partners. There are no secrets and there are no disappointments. There are no longer, unrealistic expectations.
To our children - thank you, for allowing us to guide you, you are great in every way. Do not ever forget, that smile from within. Do not ever forget, that your value will shine, like the gems in my old jewelry box. Thank you, for molding us into the figures we are today. Together we will journey with you, and together we will journey as us. Till the day, you part from us to find your own path, we will still stay hand in hand, as a beacon for you, to remind you that love shines and love prevails.
No comments:
Post a Comment