Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Confession

I need a hug and a whisky,
because all I see is a very ugly me.
I've been wondering what you see in me,
I've been wondering if my imperfections will drive you away, someday.

You said to not be this way,
its never going to help either of us.

Everyday I yearn for a sign that says,
he'll treasure me, despite my loathsomeness.

I know you love me.

But I don't think I love me.

So I asked why do you love me? Yet you couldn't reply.

'Cos I think its not a proper question, 'cos I think I remember you said once that it was just a vibe. And I think its trust that I can only give, that this 'love' is true and will stay till the end.

So then, I can't afford to let this unhappiness affect us. Neither can I store it away and play pretend.

So I say to myself, I'll confess this here, and then I promise, I'll be strong. I'll see the me in the mirror, and envision a positive future,then maybe these nightmares will stop haunting me.

Till then, when I get all upset over myself, just drop me a wake-up call and just tell me, if you would, to stop being silly because you love me, if that's not too much for you.

San.

No comments: