Just visited the gynae yesterday and she said i'm putting on weight way too fast. But a quick check on my diet and the tummy suggested that the weight isn't fats but the little one inside. Apparently, little Damien is going be a bigger than average kid!
Little wonder that I can feel his kicks so well so early into the pregnancy. At almost 22 weeks now and I can feel him all the time! His kicks are extremely hard and well aimed at my intestines or pelvis. Its so hard that even Melvin felt the movements and when the gynae used the doppler to scan for heartbeat, he smacked the doppler until it toppled and stunned the doctor! "such a hard kick!" was the exclamation and it was a jolly surprise that he is so active at such a early stage. The doc was smiling and it made me feel so relieved that the kid was a healthy bub!
As such, now damien is affectionately termed Noodles and we now call him by that term. Not because he looks like a noodle but because in mandarin damien sounds like da-mian which is the term used for 'big noodles'. And big sure is the right term for now!
Apart from the pregnancy, things at school are slowing down because I haven't been very proactive in doing alot of things. I procrastinate alot and because I am intent on leaving after I exhaust my stay there, I am not motivated to perform. I look at my bank account and I am seriously not trying to overachieve with whatever basic pay i'm getting. And honestly, the pregnancy has been very distracting, I am more concerned about delivering and staying home with the kid rather than concentrate on planning the things for the remaining quarter of the year. Afterall, my EDD is coming in slightly less than 4 months and the remaining 1.5 school term is going to fly by very fast.
The birthing plan has been discussed and I'm being advised on choosing my ward already, since Gleneagles is apparently so popular for delivery my clinic is pressing me to decide on a double or single bedder. I honestly don't think I want to torture Mel to stay with me I believe he can rest better at home and there are always nurses who will attend to my needs and be more efficient with caring for me. I'm sure he'll be a great help in keeping me company but I think choosing a single and paying extra for a lodger or worse, taking a deluxe suit for both of us seems a little to much of a expenditure. It's not like we're staying in a hotel.... but then I'm thinking if I go into long labor and its a share suite, will hubby be uncomfortable and have no place to chill? I can't imagine him being stuck in a chair for a long labor...Oh well, I shall slowly think about it.
Another thing that keeps popping out when my colleagues are discussing my birthing plan has been further emphasised by the doc yesterday. Epidural. So many say it gives back pain but so many others are praising it. Do I really want to go through the intense pain when medical assistance is available? I'm not concerned about epidural affecting me but rather whether it will affect the baby. It's a drug after all but I supposed birthing is not the time to act brave and test my pain threshold. *shrugs*
No comments:
Post a Comment