Monday, October 3, 2011

Mr Slow Roll

Baby and I are at the 31st week marker of the pregnancy journey! Just 6 weeks more and I will be considered full term, that is pretty soon, just slightly over a month!

And just in due time, my clever boy has rotated and gone down south with his head nestled nicely at my left pelvis. He has a habit of rolling his head left and right and jabbing my left and right tummy with his knifty hands now. Although the rolling sensation is pretty uncomfortable because I can feel the constraints in which he is trying to push again, its a awesome new feeling! His previous movements have always been kicks and somersaults and this new slow roll thing is a completely different experience. Another new feeling is detecing his kicks at the top of my stomach instead of the usual lower abdomen. Its funny because every kick feels like he is trying to kick my stomach up and out of my mouth! As such, its getting hard to sit upright at a desk. If I sit too straight the weight on my pelvis and hips makes it very umcomfortable. If I recline, I feel breathless because I can feel his weight crushing my stomach and lungs.

Just as I commented that I was worried that he will not engage in time, the last trip to the gynae made me really happy that he is headed south. I just hope he remains that way and not try to turn upright although he has been pretty active in moving from left to right and back to his left again.

Its been getting hard to sleep and I heard its going to get worse. I dont' really have leg cramps anymore but the weight of my belly makes it very hard to shift around and get myself comfortable. If I lay too long on one side my back starts to hurt very badly and if I try to turn, it takes a great effort to heave the weight over to the other side. And when I get up to pee (which is at least 6 times a night) it gets very hard to get off the bed. I wish I had a automatic recliner bed where I can just get myself up by pressing some eject button!

I've also been plagued by nightmares recently, I supposed its the increased REM coz of my frequent pee breaks and also stress from expecting the baby's arrival as well as school work. Work has really been bugging me lately, there is just so much to clear before I hand over. As much as I want to get it settled as early as possible, I am backlogged with alot of admin stuff now that the exams are here. There is marking, standardization, organising of post exam activities and alot of follow ups for my form class. Its getting quite taxing especially because my boss isn't cutting me much slack just because I am pregnant. Firstly he is a guy and secondly his wife is a mother of 4 and to him, his wife breezed through each pregnancy without any difficulties choosing to start her maternity leave only after she gave birth. This was mentioned because I tried hinting that I want to go on maternity leave from mid-november once I hit 37 weeks. But alas no, "if my wife can do it, you can do it too".

I just hope that by then the school term will close smoothly. But I know that even if I go on maternity leave I will still have alot to clear from home because of the fact that I am the level coordinator and I have a graduating class to follow up next year. *sigh*

No comments: