Dearest Baby Damien,
It's been awhile since mommy addressed a letter to you. Mainly because my life has been filled with many many wonderful activities due to the fact that you are a wonderful baby who hasn't given me any complications or any of that awful morning sickness anymore.
You are 30 weeks already and getting very heavy. Mummy has trouble sleeping at night now because you seem to enjoy practicing your karate chops on my ribs when I sleep on my sides. My primary concern is not your activity, in fact mommy is overjoyed that you are so active, constantly reminding us that you are alive and well. It is worrying because most of your practice sessions are still being felt below, near my belly button or towards my pelvis. That just means one thing: you are still in a breech position.
Although you have 7 to 10 weeks more to turn, its starting to dawn on me that you might choose to remain this way till birth. So I really am hoping that your kicks and nudges will gradually move upwards. Once, you were kicking my ribs, so that meant you were lying horizontally or a 'lateral position', but soon after, you rotated back up. I can only hope that you will descend and engage head down soon, because your head being upright means that mummy is having horrible gastric reflux and difficulty breathing when I climb stairs (FYI mummy climbs loads of stairs everyday).
Apart from the aches and pains and itchy scratchy skin, you've been an excellent baby. We have to stock up on neccessities for you soon, and get the house ready for your arrival. You have some new clothes to wear already and soon we have to get you some diapers and bottles.
Mummy is getting apprehensive about her ability to care for you since Daddy keeps reminding me of the things I overlook like not picking up small stuff from the floor and Dino ends up eating it. Mummy will try her very best to care for you ok? Stay healthy and strong, mummy will try her best to cope with the weight pressing on her hips and the pain because I want to see your handsome face when you come out. It is safest in mummy's womb, so stay there for as long as you like because mummy won't be having any breaks until mid-November and if you do choose to come out early now that your EDD has been pushed forward to 2/12/2011, I do hope you don't choose to pop when I'm working!
Lots of love,
Mummy
No comments:
Post a Comment