Dear Baby D,
You are 2 months old now! Congratulations! In just 2 weeks from my last post look how much you have grown! You are taller, your features are so much more profound and your complexion is as smooth as silk now. At 2 months, your favourite thing to do now is smiling and boy do we all love your smiles! Every morning you greet me with a wide grin whenever I say good morning to you and its wonderful!



Your favourite time of the day is bath time and it never fails to amaze me how much you love the tub daddy bought you. It works great because it has an adjustable head support and I can wash you with ease without holding your neck up. Although as you grow older you mind find the notion that this little tub is placed on top of the toilet bowl kinda gross! haha. That's because our sink is not big enough to accommodate it :PAlthough you are very smiley and alot easier to handle now because you are much bigger and less fussy, it hasn't been an easy journey. At 5 - 7 weeks you were very colicky, meaning you cried a whole lot for no reason. It was good that you crying did not last continuously for 3 hours like the textbook symptom of colic but you did have continuous bursts of wails a couple of minutes to half an hour apart and will refuse to settle down for at 2 hours or more. It was very frustrating for mummy because you will cry for milk and I will latch you unto my breast and you will cry, stop, suckle, stop, cry, flail your arms and kick very hard, cry, stop. I will stop nursing and cradle you but you will still cry... until I pass you to your daddy and suddenly you are able to quieten down but not for long!
In the end we brought you to the doctors because mummy was worried that you were not feeding well. You cried so frequently and drank so little. Furthermore you regurgitated most of your milk! To our surprise at the doctor's office we weighed you and you actually put on 400g from your last visit just a week ago for your immunisation jabs! It was amazing! The doctor also realized your nose was clogged so now I clean your nose daily. You hate it but it works!
Turns out you were nursing TOO well and you were just telling mummy you have had enough milk even though you were only on the breast for 5-10 minutes and when mummy continued trying to nurse you, you wanted to suck but didn't want to milk. However, I found out this fact for myself only a week ago when you were 7 weeks. The doctor assumed you had colic/blocked nose and gave you wind drops to help you pass wind. It worked to a certain extent but when I stopped giving you the drops based on my instinct that everytime you started doing that on the breast I will just stop nursing you completely and walk around patting you till you fell asleep and it has worked brilliantly and better than any supplement that was prescribed for you!
You have also developed this silly silly habit of wanting to be held until you fall into deep sleep. This means that you will doze off in my arms shortly after a feed but still not in a deep slumber and once I put you back to bed you will yell for me to carry you again! Thank goodness this only happens in the day and you sleep well at night (although I can't say the same for the past 2 days because you have been over stimulated from all the outings).
I'd say that apart from your carrying habit and your weird outbursts of crying from time to time, you haven't been a very difficult baby. But when mummy is doing everything alone at home and getting scolded by your dad for my incompetency at juggling you and picking up after myself and the lack of sleep from all the frequent nursings every 2 hourly... it does get very vexing at times. But, your daddy does most of the housework and I'm glad and you know what baby D? Your laugh now, and all the 'Ehs' and 'Ahs' and grunts you make now makes everything so worthwhile!
We treasure every moment with you because in 2 months time mummy is going back to work and I will have to leave you with your grandma :( Stay small always baby, grow well and hopefully we can stop time so that we can always laugh in the joys of babyhood while ur still innocent and starry-eyed!
Love,
Mummy

No comments:
Post a Comment