When my mum cares for him and gives the bottle, sometimes he has a hearty appetite and downs 80ml, sometimes only 40ml. Its frustrating because by now he should have a basic feeding schedule but its getting haywired. To play safe, I try feeding him every 4 hours even if he just snacks a little, at least i'm making sure he is getting his wet diapers.
Apart of this eating issue, he is blossoming into a beautiful, beautiful child. Look at how much he has grown in this picture, just 4 weeks apart!
He is also vocalizing now and is a very chirpy waker, smiling and laughing to himself and shrieking when we greet him good morning. As usual this little charmer as a myriad of expressions and is getting himself quite a few fans on Instagram when I post his photos up for baby photo challenges! He never fails to get me good discounts and extra ingredients in my food when I take him shopping on my own. There's just something about a mother toting a chubby cutie around by herself that make people melt ;)
This cute little chunky monkey is now at 11 weeks and continuing to pile up the chubby chewy flabs despite his strange eating patterns. I'm not too sure what his weight now is, the last weigh in at the clininc at 6 weeks he was 4.7kg. When I weigh myself then weigh him and subtract the difference, he is at a 6 - 6.5kg mark right now. I'm not too sure how he fares at the growth percentile although the last time I tried to check online he is somewhere between 50th to 75th percentile.
At nearing 3 months, D has hit several milestones. Firstly, he is able to lift his head up 45 degrees for a substantial amount of time. During tummy time, he is constantly pushing himself off although he is nowhere near rolling over. The nearest he ever got to rolling over was when he was on his back during diaper changing, he was able to roll to his side all the way.
Other milestones include vocalizing. His vocabulary now consists of "Eh" "Ahhh" "Ahhheeahh" "Neheh" "Ooooh" and his favourite "oooo EEEEEKKK" an ultra loud shriek after a series of smiles!
D is also a gummy grinner now. He can grin till his eyes squint but he doesn't laugh out loud yet, only shrieks when he laughs. He has let out a belly laugh twice in his sleep though.
D is starting to finger things and his favourite things to grasp are his fingers and my clothes or jewelery. He likes rubbing his fingers together in a clapping motion and bringing them up to his mouth! Pretty soon he is going to reach out for things I hope!
This silly chubby cake loves to munch on things during tummy time somehow. First it was his fists because for once they were in such close proximity to his mouth. Then it advanced to the play mat. Then the blanket. Then my arm when I picked you up.
At 3 months, it means the time mummy has left to spend 24/7 is coming to an end.... I'll be going back to work in March and since nobody has time to care for him, the only person I can depend on is my mother and her helper all the way in Hougang. I probably won't be able to bring him home daily unless I can get a helper myself :(
How I love you so, my chubby cakes. Happy 3 months in advance!







No comments:
Post a Comment