Monday, October 13, 2014

To my babies


To start, to my precious B, you're already 3 months and 1 week. In actual fact I've penned you a letter when you clocked the 2 month mark but somehow the blogger app screwed up and it never got published. My days and nights are a blur I lose track of time as often as I lose a matching pair of socks! I really have to apologize to not noting down every chuckle, gaggle, growth spurt or milestone like I did with D, guess that's how it is mr second-born! But hey don't get sullen yet because being #2 simply means you get the pro parenting skills that #1 never experienced! In fact you've had the honor of being powdered and diapered by your daddy dearest without prompting! I am way to sleepy to brag about the stuff we've been through this past two months... Congratulations on your first laugh, first attempt to roll over, your endless growth spurts clocking in at a mighty 7.3kg now (dude you were only 3.190kg 3 months ago, way to go!) and thank you mr b, for letting us relive the beautiful moments that a pure innocent bub can bring! 

Now on to Mr D...you deserve a rightful apology from mum and dad too. You see you've been quite a challenge to us lately, you're such a bright, charming, inquisitive and handsome little brat. But well yes, you're a brat. You play with shit, you climb everything and anything, you stomp louder when I tell you to tip toe and you do the very opposite of our instructions and ask us "why" 66666666times a day even when you know the answer! You've poured water on playdoh to make soup, fed the fishes with your shoes, crayoned and powdered the floors, fallen countless times despite warnings to watch your step, walked into walls because you are always distracted, knocked yourself backwards on a chair and crashed right on the back of your head, kneed your brother in the face and stomach, cleaned your mucus on my back when you thought I wasn't looking... Ah D the list is endless. There's a book titled "toddlers are a**holes" on pre-order now and I have the impulse to purchase it. But see that's the thing, all toddlers are the same, you're a toddler, and it's how you learn about the world around you: testing limits. It makes as adults look like little incapable miserly beings who can't accommodate to the exponential learning abilities that are encased in that tiny little body of yours (ok maybe 17kg isn't very tiny) but despite the countless heart attacks you've put me through i am so very very proud of you. You intuitive, you infer brilliantly and you are a very very caring brother and son who immediately offers to help when baby cries and pats daddy when he hurts himself and whenever you tell me "I like helping/playing with you mummy" my heart flutters and I get butterflies in my stomach. I love how you've evolved from a chatty tot addicted to the ipad to a budding preschooler with such vibrant imagination exclaiming your observations to us and relating to incidents with superb photographic memory. I can't believe you're three next month.... 

When I see the two of you, all the fatigue slowly subsides. You've tested me to my wits end, stretched me beyond the normal limits of exhaustion but you've taught me endless endless lessons. You've forced me to be resilient, encroached me to reconcile my love for your father, provided me with the chance to fall in love again and gaze in awe at his broad sturdy silhouette with the gentle echo of a smile so softly plastered on his face as he engages you two in play. Thank you for everything my precious two...thank you. 

No comments: