Sunday, April 17, 2011

6 Weeks 2 Days

Dear Baby,

I can't help researching about how you're doing all the time. I've been reading about horror stories like how people visit the gynae at week 6-7 and there is no heartbeat and soon at week 8 they pass out the placenta and miscarry.

I think I shall not horrify myself further and remain a happy mum! I've been eating loads of cheese, yoghurt and eggs. Healthy calcium rich foods for you! And your Mama (daddy's mummy) cooked ginko nuts and barley, high in folic acid and great vitamins for the growing you. Eat up ok!

Today you are 6 weeks and 2 days and by next week, at 7 weeks and 1 day, you will look like this! And that is when mummy and daddy are going to see you on the ultrasound again!


Of course, you're unique and special in your own way and maybe you don't look exactly the same. But Your heart is indeed buldging out of your body and you are beginning to grow facial features and have buds as your arms and legs! You also have a cute little tail. By this week, your heart is beating furiously and you are developing at twice the rate. 

You're still really tiny, maybe the size of a lentil bean, but this week and next you are growing a furious pace! They say if your heartbeat is below 140 you're a girl and if its above 140 you're a boy. Nevertheless, as long as I can hear your heartbeat next week, and you are healthy, I am past caring about your gender!

Motherhood really is strange. You are only the size of a pea but I am already so worried for you. If you are eating well, developing well, if I have accidentally exposed you to any contaminants, if you have any health problems. Later on into the pregnancy I will have to worry if you have any diseases or malformations or genetic disorders! Oh dear! But you know what little one? Mummy and daddy are very confident that you are 100% healthy! Mummy will be praying every night for you ok? 

Mummy's uterus will also double in size this week (which means you make me wanna pee 300 times a day!) and because mummy was never really slim to start with, the bloating uterus is already showing! But you are already so small yet the blood and good stuff inside is already making mummy show! Can't imagine it being any bigger and yet you are going to grow oh-so-big! Its ok, I'll force your daddy to massage my back when you get bigger! :D

Recently mummy has to pop a lot of pills every morning. There's iron, calcium and folic acid. The pills aren't easy to stomach, if only they were chewable or not so big. Or maybe if only it was all packed in a bottle of juice! But nevertheless they make my body a great home for you, so suck up all the nutrients ok? 

Oh and your aunty theresa is expecting her second baby! she is 16 weeks pregnant, so when you come out you will have a play mate! Aunty Theresa is around daddy's age, and her sister, aunty Esther and your matthew korkor and jeremy korkor are all the same age! Looks like you being the next generation, are going inherit the same 'born in the same year' trait as all the little cousins! only you are now the GRAND cousin. so cool right? you will all be rabbit babies!

Daddy says he wants to print mini versions of his metal t shirts for you to wear. And he is going to buy baby Nike sneakers for you. He is adamant that you will acquire his taste for clothing! Oh dear...and even if you are a girl, he is still going to dress you in a metal tee and sneakers. But don't worry, mummy will make sure you at least wear a skirt! 

Oh dear, as I am typing this you are starting to give me cramps. I hope you are ok in there. Tonight we're going to watch Lion King the Musical with your Ah Mah. See you next weak dearie baby!

Love,
Mummy

No comments: