Tuesday, September 20, 2011
3 Years On
Last weekend marked the 3rd year of our life together. We spent the day having a nice meal at Kushin-Bo even though the original plan was for Hard Rock Cafe or trying out the shabu shabu buffet at Suki-Ya. Sadly, Suki-ya was closed for the day because of air-con and drainage malfunction (talk about unlucky) and we just didn't have the mood for american fare. So even though the husband isn't a fan of japanese food, he gave in and we went for a japanese buffet. We had a nice (albeit boring) ride on the flyer, brought back many memories!
In fact, when we were still dating, but not officialy, I went for my first flight on the flyer with my girlfriends while he was on the way to batam for a short trip. It was the first time we spent some time apart from each other and for me, it was a great deciding factor that I was really into this guy because I couldn't stop thinking of him even though I had to keep that from my girl pals that day because they didn't know I was seeing someone again!
Although we've only tied the knot for half a year, its' always felt longer than that, having spent a major part of our time together during a dating years by being in the same class in university.
Those weeknights spent burning the midnight oil at his grandmother's place, the late suppers and sleepovers, those are dearly missed.
But now we are embarking on a new journey with our little one, and that has made our relationship grow by leaps and bounds.
I am at a loss of words as a tribute to my dearest love, for his actions have proved greatly that our little family takes great presence in his life. His daily actions speak loudest, picking up after me, waking up at 6am despite having slept only at 4am rushing his assignments just to send me to work, picking me up from work or from my outings even though it was his rest time. And recently, he has accompanied me to every single trip to the gynae in Gleneagles, something not every spouse will do (coupled with the fact that we take the earliest 7am appointment every time we visit, meaning getting up at 6am on a Saturday).
Even though, being a girl at heart, I still complain that he doesn't massage my aching feet or that he hasn't kiss me in like 6 days or that we never get to eat what I like most of the time, he knows that I still love him. Because I know that to him, love is bigger than giving in to my whims and fancies. He makes sure I stay healthy, makes sure I stay disciplined and continues to help me grow. And of course, even though he nags that I don't sweep the floor and wash the dishes promptly, I know he is just helping me fit in to married life.
To my dearest mel, thank you for being the pillar of strength and comfort in my life. When I wake abruptly from my sleep, even though your not the cuddly type, I just like knowing that you are next to me and I can just bury my face in your back. There are so many times that I have failed you in certain ways but I am amazed at your willingness to let it go. Thank you for being my best friend, my confidante and my shopping khaki all rolled in one. And also my punching bag and my leg cramp massager. And being a lovely daddy to baby dino and baby damien.
3 years is a short time, we still have many years to grow. And till then, you'll always be the love of my life :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment