Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Home Run

Dear Baby B

We are in the home stretch! Today marks week 36. Honestly I don't know what to do... I have never made it this far naturally with your brother because we were in labour since 33 weeks and he was induced at 36 + weeks.

I have been having excruciating pelvic/pubic bone pain ever since I entered my third trimester with you. Apparently it is a condition called "pubic symphysis diastasis" which means the hormones relaxing the joints in preparation for childbirth has done its work too well and caused my pelvis to be misaligned. When I lie down and try to change positions I have to endure excruciating pain (Often brings tears to my eyes/ literally cry out) and although I have been having it for close to 2 months now... I still can't bear it. If I lift my knees it is enough to stop me in my tracks and so climbing up stairs is also pure torture.

You two boys sure know how to torture me... when I was pregnant with your brother he crushed my tail bone and sciatic nerve... so I had constant lower back and buttock pain. With you you seem to be resting in a anterior position and crushing my pelvis haha....

I am on bed rest now to monitor contractions because the braxton hicks have been a little too much. Again its my sensitive uterus I suppose. I have had a few labor signs here and there and its making me very anxious. I don't know how to expect labor signs other than contractions... never experienced the passing of my mucous plug/ bloody show/ leaking amniotic fluid etc in my first pregnancy and my uterus is so sensitive I get confused whether its a bad braxton hicks practice contraction or real labor....

You are getting very heavy its getting tiring carrying you, suffering from insomnia for 2 months because of the PSD and well... my nesting instincts have gone crazy. I rearranged the nursery 4 times and I can't stop googling for baby products online.. I even rearranged the closet 3 times. I think I just can't wait to see you?

Week 37 will be a nice time for you to make your exit. Ready when you are baby B. 1 more week to full term and 3 more weeks till due date. Lets go!

No comments: